-
February 1st, 2002, 09:49 PM
#21
Inactive Member
I think that the maximum velocity for a M62 (non-modified) is 14,400 rpm. Like Christian said you go beyond that and you are asking for trouble.
------------------
96gsr 4door w/ a big hole where the motor is supposed to be!
Current daily driver = 88 civic LX hybrid JDM B16A5 - 1/4...14.6 @ 94
-
February 1st, 2002, 09:52 PM
#22
Inactive Member
How do you translate boost psi into blower rpm (velocity)?
------------------
6 psi JRSC GSR: 3" intake -> 217 hp/155 ft-lbs.
New: Endyn stepper, GSS342
-
February 2nd, 2002, 03:23 AM
#23
Inactive Member
As far as the throttle body moving it will not. For my car and the reliability of my daily driver I will never use larger than a 10.5 psi(crv) crank pulley. Most likely the bottom of the intake mani will be sealed off and the incoming air will come into the back of the manifold(machining and welding). Then the discharge air from the SC will will be routed to the front mount I/C and back to the mani. This is what I think he is doing but I will know the final result when I get him the mani from JR. Should be like 3 weeks tops
------------------
JRSC @8psi RC 270's, cartech 2025i water inj, jr map mod, vpac, JR BTC, dcsports 4-1, apex-i N1 catback 2.1/4", 2.1/4" test pipe, Zip22 02 sim, J&S safeguard, fuel pump, aluminum fly(6.5)lb, center force dual friction clutch. A/F gauge, FP gauge, boostgauge, EGT gauge, MSD digital 6, blaster coil, MSD cap, magnacore wires, J&S dual monitor.
-
February 2nd, 2002, 06:32 AM
#24
Inactive Member
Progress on the intercooler sounds interesting... a blowoff valve on a JRSC however is no better than the "N/A BOV" that we all laugh at. Just roll your windows down and make the "psshh" sound yourself if you want it that bad...
------------------
-
February 2nd, 2002, 04:08 PM
#25
Inactive Member
I will keep everbody posted about the transformation!!!
------------------
JRSC @8psi RC 270's, cartech 2025i water inj, jr map mod, vpac, JR BTC, dcsports 4-1, apex-i N1 catback 2.1/4", 2.1/4" test pipe, Zip22 02 sim, J&S safeguard, fuel pump, aluminum fly(6.5)lb, center force dual friction clutch. A/F gauge, FP gauge, boostgauge, EGT gauge, MSD digital 6, blaster coil, MSD cap, magnacore wires, J&S dual monitor.
-
February 3rd, 2002, 05:42 PM
#26
Inactive Member
You have succeeded in increasing my heart rate...
Please do tell us more whenever its available 
------------------
1995 Milano Red GSR
H/A & H/T Teg Forum Mod
The darkside is the only side!!!
-
February 3rd, 2002, 09:29 PM
#27
Inactive Member
This sounds like someone I discussed this with a while ago. Does he go by the name cropher?
------------------
-
February 3rd, 2002, 10:20 PM
#28
Inactive Member
I thought the rule was for every 15 degrees you cool intake temps you get 1 percent increase in horsepower. So cooling air 125 degrees on a 200 hp car would give you like 17 hp.
------------------
-
February 4th, 2002, 01:58 AM
#29
Inactive Member
The man who is doing the work has been featured on the cover of European car 4 times for the porsches he has buy to race the 24hours of sebring and the like. He has now retired and relocated to TN from FL. He has a full machine shop at his new house here. All the tooling, Mill, lathe, various presses, welders mig tig arc, flow benches, valve grinders, cyl boring machine all the shit basically. All I can tell you know is wait till it is done!! I will go to the dyno before I install it and after and see what happens.
------------------
JRSC @8psi RC 270's, cartech 2025i water inj, jr map mod, vpac, JR BTC, dcsports 4-1, apex-i N1 catback 2.1/4", 2.1/4" test pipe, Zip22 02 sim, J&S safeguard, fuel pump, aluminum fly(6.5)lb, center force dual friction clutch. A/F gauge, FP gauge, boostgauge, EGT gauge, MSD digital 6, blaster coil, MSD cap, magnacore wires, J&S dual monitor.
-
February 4th, 2002, 04:45 AM
#30
Inactive Member
"But he also stated that rule of thumb for every 2 degrees we cool are intake temps=1hp. He says that the cooler will easily drop intake temps 125degrees if not more. That is a easy 50hp gain."
50 HP!?!? That sounds very optimistic to me. Also, does this formula for temperature work for NA car's as well? Cause I know in the summer vs winter (90 degrees vs 40) I was not making 25 more HP on my 1.6.
------------------
1993 Civic Hatch Si w/JRSC @ 6lbs
Looking for car audio?
Give us a call!
www.audio-warehouse.com
My Homepage
www.geocities.com/boostedciv
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks